White Rabbit, one of our first clients, is set to open by the end of July. To whet the city's appetite, chef Erik Till has been sharing a taste of his high-end cooking skills during monthly beer pairing dinners at North High Brewing. Thus far, Columbus has only gotten a hint of his talents through the sandwiches at Commonwealth, the Campus-area sandwich shop he and partner Lisa Edge opened a couple years back.
For a North High Brewing dinner earlier this month, Till delighted guests with this five-course menu:
1. Wild mushrooms confit in foie gras
2. Seared duck breast with chevre, watercress sauce and blackberry mostarda (pictured)
3. Crab-stuffed white asparagus, pickled peppers, curried cauliflower puree
4. Duck confit "burrito," wrapped in a French-style crepe
5. Nitro ice cream, chocolate blackberry with chili caramel
It was all pretty amazing, but my favorite dish was this seared duck breast. It wasn't much more than a bite, but offered just the perfect combination of flavors. Stay tuned for more from White Rabbit!